Saxo > Staff
KUA2, Building: 12-2-07
2300 København S
Research interests:Conditions of life and health in 20th and 21st century Denmark. My primary work consists of studies of;
- Changes and continuities in the national, socio-geographical consumption of food in Denmark in a Scandinavian context past and present.
- Past and present policies on food for elderly and food habits and preferences of elderly in Denmark.
- Developments of food quality and production over time;
- The inter-relationship between food science, -policy and -practice and the importance of this to the formation and importance of social categoeies/population segments.
I am Co-PI in Copenhagen Centre for Health Research in the Humanities, a research centre at the SAXO-Institute that works with cultural analytical and historical perspectives on health, body and ageing. I work at the development of the groups cultural historical projects and its interdiscplinary initiatives on food and health.
I am currently Co-PI and employed as post.doc. on the intidiscplinary researchproject CALM ( Counteracting age related loss of skeletal muscle-mass in the elderly), one of the University of Copenhagen Programmes of Excellence. Read more about the project on http://calm.ku.dk/. I am furthermore project manager on the research project Appetit på maden ( appetit for food). The project is a collaboration with the municipality of Copenhagen concerning apetite among older persons in Copenhagen.
I am furthermore affiliated researcher at the School of Anthropology and Museum Ethnography, University of Oxford http://www.anthro.ox.ac.uk/about-us/affiliates-emeriti-research-fellows/dr-tenna-jensen/ .
My post.doc. project is titled Food for the Elderly in 20th and 21st century Denmark. The project focuses on scientific and political perceptions of food for elderly and past and present municipal and personal food practices.
My PhD project on food consumption in 20th century Denmark was part of the mulitidiscoplinary research center Danish Obesity Research Center (DanOrc).
- The cultural history of food in Denmark and Europe
- Percpetions of health and body 1850-
- Food and health policy
- food for older people, policy, science and practice